SOUTH KINGSTOWN KINDERGARTEN
REGISTRATION & SCREENING
March 27th - 31st
April 3rd - 7th & 10th – 13th
Appointments are one hour long and may be made for the following times:
8:30 am 9:30 am 10:30 am 12:30 pm 1:30 pm
Kindergarten Registration and Screening will take place at:
MATUNUCK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
380 Matunuck Beach Road
Wakefield, R.I. 02879
If your child turns 5 on or before 9/1/2017,
please call 360-1299 to schedule your appointment.
PARENTS SHOULD PRINT THE REQUIRED REGISTRATION PACKET FROM OUR WEBSITE (www.skschools.net) TO COMPLETE AND BRING TO THEIR APPOINTMENT.
REGISTRATION FORMS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE AT THE ADMINISTRATION OFFICE.
AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION, PLEASE BRING:
- Child’s original birth certificate, which will be copied at registration.
- A completed registration packet.
- Proof of residency: 2 documents will be needed, in the form of a current mortgage payment, lease agreement, or tax bill and one utility bill showing your current address.
- A certified copy of current immunizations which must include the day, month, year of each dose administered and must be signed by a physician or his/her designee. You will not be able to fully register your child until you provide their up-to-date immunization records. The nurse will inform you about boosters that are needed. A copy of your child’s most recent physical is also required.
- If there are custody/guardian issues, please bring the appropriate paperwork.
Please be on time for your appointment.
Please allow one hour for registration and screening. While parents are filling out their forms, children will be screened in another room. Children will be screened in early literacy and mathematics. Our screeners will make every effort to put your child at ease. Results will be reported to parents by means of a letter.
WONDERING IF YOUR CHILD IS READY FOR AN ALL-DAY KINDERGARTEN PROGRAM? CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR GUIDELINES.